PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2004, 01:23
diethelm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A BIT OF PERSPECTIVE

Any posting of a job offer, no matter what the terms, is a BRILLIANT IDEA. Everyone here has a brain and can make decisions for themselves. If we have the capacity to fly an expensive aircraft, I would argue we have the judgement necessary to look at the pros and cons of a job offer. For those who want to pursue such opportunities, awesome. For those who do not, awesome.

I would love to use my commercial rating and go out and fly for a living. However, it does not pay well. This should not be a surprise to anyone who has the intellectual capacity to pass a check ride. No matter how organized everyone is, there is only so much money in the industry and you all knew it when you chose this career.

Consider yourselves lucky. All of you have the self esteem and perserverance to do something you like everyday. My job is boring, tedious and full of people with anger issues who are in denial (which, by the way is not a river in Egypt).

Reflect on the great things all of you do everyday. Go to the pictures thread and look at what neat places and things you do everyday. It is really cool.

As a last thought, any job in Dubai is probably a better way to build your resume than how many of the contributors in this forum built theirs in the 60's.