PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An SAA Cadet Story
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2004, 21:18
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ettamakwetta writes: "due to our mathematics supposedly not being up to scratch. This is ironic, seeing that I was top of my engineering class at university"

This is more like the American Military. If there is no war going on, no need for pilots and they flunk most all out. I was lucky as during the big training exercise in Vietnam they needed Pilots. In my class alone there were over 200 and they cranked out a class just like that every two weeks. (nine month training cycle) so a lot of student pilots filling the sky.
Anyway you didnt have to have all that math to fly helicopters. It was like they pay you 100x dollars. Subtract your bills and you have xxx left. How much beer will that buy until next payday.

Contraxdog uses the term:"(Currently Disadvantaged Individual)" I love that. You can get rid of previously disadvantaged and use the term we use now. (Previously Unemployable) Just remember if they cannot do the job properly, they must be management material. Seems to work all over the world and I see it now quite often in SA.