PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2004, 16:20
Rich Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To: Bloggs@large
RICH LEE – I don’t think I ever said ‘Do not go to Dubai’ anywhere in my post. I merely pointed out the situation as I fairly ( I think) see it. I really do not care where any body works BUT if I were looking for a job, I would like to know where I could do tours AND get more money. Your ‘name’ seems familiar. Didn’t you try the other companies and miss out, before you went to Dubai??
Please do not be offended by my comment. It was not directed at any one person or any post in particular. Pprune Rotorheads is a veritable haven where the petty comments and attacks so prevalent in other forums are the exception rather than the rule thanks to the tireless and much appreciated efforts of the moderators in this and other Pprune Forums. Were I a pilot looking for employment, I would appreciate information regarding available positions throughout the world and would exercise due diligence in researching any situation I might consider accepting. Certainly if you know of a company with an open position I would be interested in learning about it or any fair comment regarding the pros and cons of a particular situation.

The inference implied by your question was of a nature best suited to those other forums, but in response I have never applied for employment in the United Arab Emirates. I have been offered several unsolicited positions with various companies and government authorities over the years; a few of which I have seriously considered. I have been to the U.A.E. several times for both short and extended periods (my most recent visit was as a participant in the Dubai Airshow). I honestly consider the U.A.E. one of my favorite places and one of the most vibrant and exciting places of commerce in the world. I have many close friends there - citizens and expatriates, military and civil. I have no tie to any particular company and my comment was not biased by preference or prejudice.