PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Triple A = Triple the cost
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2004, 12:44
Sean Dillon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the wonderful pleasure of this school and I have to say, i'm responsible for alot of postings on closed threads, maybe I went over the top, but I would not wish on anybody what my son went through with this FTO. I have no chip on my shoulder either, my son has now completed his training with a first time IR pass at another FTO and now holds a Pro. Pilot job.

I felt so serious about this, I sent a letter to the CAA at Gatwick with my complaints to make them aware of the general instructing practices of Triple A.

It's very much a mirror of everyone elses story - we paid approx £20k for a CPL/Multi, my son was in tears twice, confidence was rock bottom (which of course would mean more hours!!) he was even asked by one of the instructors if he wanted to carry on training implying he wasn't cabable - is this any way to instruct someone at a professional level? All the time removing well earned money from him (and me!). Like anybody in this world, I hate being ripped off - and the value for money from this FTO is virtually zero.

Having seen the other side of the coin with a different FTO (Professional Air Training) who were highly professional, motivated the students superbly, incredibly good value for money and more importantly, my son enjoyed it from day one to the day he passed his test.

In short,
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.....

Last edited by Sean Dillon; 14th Jun 2004 at 15:07.