PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving MAS
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2004, 05:02
Virtual Reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7E7,

1. Agreed with you to some degree, probably the choice of word was wrong, you should write "anyone who has the right of abode in Malaysia" instead of LOCALS, I'm not sure where MJ is coming from but I haven't met any so-called expat flying for US or European airlines, even Canadians are not welcomed in US aviation world (I have lots of Canadian buddies). So what do you call that? Racist? Discrimination? Protection? Humiliation? ....etc ...... Go and have a look at some ads in Flight Intl mag and MJ should be able to see words like "Europeans only" or "Has the right of abode in EU only" etc ...... Typical colonial mentality ..................

2. Is Sam Black (SB) going to make money again by bringing Swiss pilots to MAS? What about those "LOCALS (read as anyone who has the right of abode in Malaysia)" in Air Asia, Transmile, Berjaya, GA and airforce who are crying to get a place in MAS but never get a chance or treated even worst than a pariah? Aren't they good enough? Is this the way MAS wants to keep 95% of locals in the flt deck by humiliating/victimising/mistreating non MAS cadets? Or do they have to go through SB agency in order to secure a job in MAS? .............

I am glad that I got in and .......... but pity them who are still trying