PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford Airshow
Thread: Cosford Airshow
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2004, 19:13
Yozzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosford Airshow

Having been browbeaten into taking a nipper to Cosford I was surprised at the lack of the usual RAF SH in the (as always at Cosford) tiny static line up. In fact either I was looking in the wrong spot or there was none!

The Chinook was a welcome re-entry into the flying programme though, but not only no SH but no DHFS cabs in the static either.

The much hyped Typhoon was underwhelming and if compared to a recollection of Lightning days; positively pathetic.

What no Nimrod!

The RAF spend a bl00dy fortune on BBMF and Red Arrows when a set piece with C130 - SH - RAF Regt/Army -smoke & bangs could do so much to make the services profile higher. Being in the summer as opposed to the first week of sept makes Cosford an RAF "At home" day, were the public can relate to the services that we all take for granted. There is irony that I believe that the audience was three times+ the size of the combined RAF from home and abroad. Whoever is pulling the PR strings wants a P60 on the way out, for the AAC - Utterly Butterly - and large scale models put the RAF to shame today:

Rant over, I`ll get me coat