PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Triple A = Triple the cost
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 17:14
Aircart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, interesting can of worms opened here!!!

How ya doing Ham & DEB? I was going to link that thread from last year but you beat me to it!

I have to agree whole heartedly with DEB and HP, I also had a similar experience, follow HP's link to see my post.

To summarise: did Faa IR, came back to convert, Paid AAA £2500 for 16.6hrs over two weeks on sim, got told I was not up to standard and need to do more hrs! Spoke to past students, told to get out of there and did!
Went to AFT (Exeter) did 2.5hrs proving in there sim, onto the twin in 2 days 12hrs training in the BE-76, then a successful 1st time JAA IR Pass! Nothing really to debrief, examiner said it was a nice smooth flight!!

So they can't use the old defence of "this guy's not ready!" That’s bull!
I did feel there was a constant 'put down' policy. My confidence was shot to sh*t at AAA and I wondered if I had the ability to do instrument flying; Obviously not the case from my comments above!

WWW- AAA have been in business for a long time but the current owner hasn't owned it for all of this time, funnily enough the guy that subsequently trained me for the UK IR use to own AAA!!!
I had a chat about AAA to him and it's current policies, suffice to say we had an interesting chat!
The school also doesn’t have that many students in comparison with the better schools and so you aren’t going to hear much about this place, I did a search and couldn't find much on them except bad posts and the occasional "to good to be true post"

This Rant isn't unwarranted, I know at least 2 guys who spent in the region of £ 15000-£20000 on a CPL with this FTO!!!!!!!!

Oh buy the way on my original post, quotes were changed without my knowledge making my reply look a bit odd!

I would like to here other students views, I know who I would and wouldn't recommend!!!

Laters

AC

Last edited by Aircart; 12th Jun 2004 at 21:50.