PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Triple A = Triple the cost
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 13:27
Delta Echo Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cost went up because when we were being trained in the simulator, it would be frozen, you would be de-briefed while the clock was ticking, then sent back in, having been made to feel like @&$£, performing poorly, and on went the cycle.

Grounschool would be double charged to two students, not common practice despite what the head of training might claim.

The instructors would demoralise you while flying, particularly in high workload situations meaning more approaches... MORE MONEY.

Whatever is said above could be put down to me being unnable to cope, but this is a story I hear over and over from AAA students. I know I can cope because of the job I'm doing now and the job I did previously, both of which as a pilot I should add.

There is another way to deal with this. Re-imburse a percentage of the cost incurred. I was quoted £8,500 for the training I required as a "rough" figure. £22,000 is does certainly not qualify as roughly around £8,500.

I have just signed up under this name. I don't have a chip, just a respect for fellow aviators and potential aviators. I have been using PPRUNE for years, just not under this name. When I did have a chip on my shoulder, I didn't post because I knew I wouldn't be objective.

Happy school hunting my fellow aviators. Remember, it's worth it in the end, especially if you save yourself the grief of £10,000 or more.