PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 07:26
bloggs@large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jobs avilable in Dubai

Sorry for the delay in replying. The boss thought I should go off and do a little work. So here is a quick reply.

NIGEL OSBORNE – Yes that KA is the man (?) you describe. If the stories are half true, I do not understand why the Australian CASA did not shred his licence when they fired him.

SASLESS – Part of the problem of this game is Oil Companies put such ridiculous requirements for copilots in their contracts. How are the young guys going to get the experience? If a ± 700 hour pilot has a DECENT basic ability and some P1 time on commercial operational flying, where he has had to make his own decisions, he will have no problem being an offshore P2 and go on to make P1. There is also this demand for the magic ATP. I have heard the oil company auditor asked the following question. If your life was in the balance and conditions were BAD who would you rather have driving the helicopter – a minimum hour ATP or a 10,000 hour CPL IR. The usual reply was –‘An ATP is standard requirement’ !!!!
I have flown with some excellent CPL IR pilots. ATP is only an exam and does not automatically create a good pilot.

RICH LEE – I don’t think I ever said ‘Do not go to Dubai’ anywhere in my post. I merely pointed out the situation as I fairly ( I think) see it. I really do not care where any body works BUT if I were looking for a job, I would like to know where I could do tours AND get more money. Your ‘name’ seems familiar. Didn’t you try the other companies and miss out, before you went to Dubai??