PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots leaving MAS
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2004, 07:03
MASsenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair comment MW, although I`m not exactly sure if u are still sipping the Anchor beers. U imply the lack in excellence directly due to recent financial crisis. Having been an insider ( not at the present moment ), I totally disagree on this point of view. This is exactly the excuse give by the cronies, or, a more appropriate word would be, deadwood! These `experts’ have filled up all levels of management. The best brain in the company are consistently denied a future. As a result complacency to the highest degree had set in. This the reason for the company to be brought to the brink of bankruptcy & had to be rescued by the Government. Unfortunately, the penny has not dropped. The same scenario exist till today.

It is racism MJ, but not the type u are harping about. It is subtle & directed at the locals. Yup, strange it may seem! Only certain ethnic group of locals are given the rope up any larder. This is regardless to ability or any form of capability. All others are just staff numbers. I `ve seen a total outsider ( unrelated to aviation) become a Manager of a dept. where aviation skills were curtail. This is the practice the company is besieged with. So don`t expect excellence by any standard. The government ensures the wheels keep turning. That is the sad truth, cos the same scenario of yesteryear still exist, and will continue to do so!

To those who aspire to make something for themselves,I have only one word..................Leave!!!