PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2004, 19:42
Bravo 99 (AJB)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas coupling
has a point and i would agree that this is a very emotic subject. But i would have thought that one must way up the gain with the potential for loss. it is like saying that you could not send a B.A Team into a burning building on a persons reported shout (B.A = breathing Apratus Persons reported = People trapped ) becouse there is a possablilty of the pump failing and the crew lossing water. It is a pluasable argument but the risk must be looked at to the gain. as previously stated safety first but by the nature of the work there is risk.

the discision regarding putting the A/C in a compromised position i would have thought that most Pilots would have had these sort of dicusions in the crew room on many occasions before the situation that is currently being dicussed happens and I would have thought that he would know what limits he will go to and to what limits his crew would and way up the options from there.

Sincerely

Bravo 99 (AJB)

Just to add though I think we all know what discision all pilots would take but as we all are saying. having the potential for prosecution hanging over the final decision seems heavy unfair and almost unjust. unfortunatly this probably will not change things and the threat will always be there. I just hope that on the day it happens all the cards are stacked in the pilot and crews favour.

B99

Last edited by Bravo 99 (AJB); 11th Jun 2004 at 20:08.