PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How desirable is the 'job' (jet airline pilot) these days?
Old 11th Jun 2004, 15:44
NWSRG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very desirable.

Terms & Conditions are not just getting poorer in the aviation industry...it is the way of the world.

Pilots still seem to be well paid, in comparison to other professionals (excluding our medical and legal friends!).

As a professional engineer, I earn less than any captain, and probably less than a lot of FOs. And my salary is by no means bad!

And when I get into work in the morning, the work that was causing me stress yesterday is still there. Monthly reports, budget figures, targets, performance figures, it never stops.

Give me a big shiny airplane, where I get to go home at night knowing that the day is truly gone, and that tomorrow might bring pressures, but at least today's won't come back!

...and every day, you get to enjoy bright summer sun (even in the middle of winter), see the world from above, and do something that you love.

Ok, I know that the grass is always greener, but as a PPLer who would love to be in your position, I think the life of a pilot is still desirable!