PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Airspace rules - Guidance please
Old 11th Jun 2004, 13:30
OoAyVee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Keep 'em coming !...

Thanks Guys !

I am already following up with ICAO but have yet to receive a reply, hence my posting. Jeppesen I did not know about, and the bbc article is useful, so thank you both. Anyone else who can add specific technical details would be very welcome !

Thank you but keep 'em coming !

Below is a slightly more explicit reason for my asking the question that I have copied and pasted from my reply to the Military Aircrew Forum, should this help focus any replies.

Thank you all for replying !

Specifics such as the North Atlantic Class G Airspace classification are very helpful, and if you can provide similar specific detail I'd be very grateful. I have a fair knowledge of UAV and Airworthiness requirements and UAV pros and cons (such as similarity to missile, collision avoidance, redundancy etc..as mentioned above), and am quite up to speed on these issues. However, consider a Civilian Survey UAV based from a (not large) vessel (the vessel can travel worldwide), surveying a radius about the vessel and collecting a far greater range of data that presently permissible. The requirement is to know in black and white what the present AIRSPACE (not so much ATC comms etc here) Rules exist for ANY aircraft type, piloted or not, to fly from Sea level up to max FL120 (by way of example), in coastal or mid-oceanic waters (i.e. within and without of national air boundaries).