PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget flights turn expensive
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2004, 10:43
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Melburnian Maree Dunne and her boyfriend lost their $29 fares for a Maroochydore flight when they tried to check in 25 minutes before departure. She said a five-minute delay was caused in the long-term car park.
Not Jet*'s fault was it ???? Who is to blame here ? according to the mdia " Certainly not the poor passenger who cut it to the last minute, and had to forfeit a fare cheaper than the bus!!!!"

Why the hell SHOULD these morons be allowed to board? Why upset the other 120 pax who made the effort to get there on time? Good riddance to these idiots! let them catch the bus/train/centrelink shuttel for all I care!

After being rejected by Jetstar, Ms Dunne and her boyfriend paid $520 to Virgin Blue for two new Maroochydore tickets.
So... EVERYBODY wins...except the idiots who run late???? where is the problem ?

"They should have told me when I rang up to confirm the flight (about the strict check-in policy)," Ms Dunne said.
I am sure that she is telling the truth, and that Jetstar staff Deliberately lie to people in order to keep the $29 !!!!

Who would you believe ? Some idiot who can't check in on time .. or reservation staff who have absolutely NOTHING to gain by not telling people the conditions of the fare... even though they are PAID to do so ???

One convert reportedly told Virgin Blue staff: "Get these Jetstar tags off my bags. I'm never flying Jetstar again."
Is this someone whom obviously MADE the flight and was disgruntled IN -FLIGHT! Else, they cannot GET Jet* tags for their baggage!!!!... So, WHat exactly was the problem ???

Once again... Jetstar, I applaude you. Keep up the "education" of the masses. I certainly hope it has a "knock on" effect.

Clever marketing if you ask me!!! sell 100,000 tickets at $29 each. Half these morons cannot get there on time ergo JETSTAR keep the $29 , AND probably sells the seats to staff at $29 or so... therefore the fare per seat is now $58 ... not too bad really!

Once the Oz Public understands the ramifications of booking with Jetstar, and accepts the consequences, then JQ will have full flights... on time departures and no staff travel available, which also saves on Fringe Benefits Tax.

as was qouted on another thread,which I found quite witty ....

VIRGIN BLUE ... Keeping the air fair

JETSTAR ... Keeping the airfare