PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The're stealing our jobs type rant!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2004, 07:55
Harvester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I admit the fast food market's pretty bad at the moment guys but you've all just got to keep your chins up and stop uising this forum as an excuse for moaning about not getting that first frying job.
I decided the best way in was to merely start off in the industry with any job - sweeping or tills, even wiping the tables is better than doing something unrelated. I'm now on the tills for a major outlet and learning every step of the way. Making new contacts in the industry is easy from this position and my company say they will try to get me rated on the deep fryer - ok it's not burgers yet but at least it's a start on the frying side of things and I only have to pay for 75% of the rating cost.
Best advice I can give is to use your fast food contacts wisely and keep hammering out cv's. Keep visiting any local outlets and hang aoround - eat as miuch as poss and put on some weight to show your interested. all though it's a slim chance now with security as it is try to sit in on some quality frying and flipping time behind the counter - they can only say no.

Hope advice helps.

Cheers - Harvester