PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ new planes announced
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2004, 04:31
stillalbatross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404, i don't think it's anything more than a bit of a debate. I don't mind either aircraft but there seems to bee a feeling amongst those that don't have any experience with Airbus that it is a cr*p aircraft and all the world should buy Boeing always. So if I can occasionally show that Airbus aren't as bad as some who have absolutely no experience with the aircraft make out then I'll be happy to do so.

Cloudcutter, unfortunately airbus makes a product that makes it's operators money. If everyone wanted to fly on old 767s because they last so long then my taxpayer money wouldn't be propping up a little airline from downunder. And KPMG wouldn't be releasing reports saying AirNZ is dead if it doesn't get a fleet replacement underway.

And Phat Boy, if you can read then take a look at the performance figures (climb gradients etc) for 777 vs 330, any variants of each. Performance wise the 330 is ahead. Early 340 wasn't as good but they went with the max thrust available on the CFMs at the time. Now if Boeing had been making a longer 737 at the time as plenty of operators had been asking instead of saying "we're Boeing - you buy what we give you" then there would have been a CFM with more thrust and a history of reliability to strap on to the early 340s. That all changed when Airbus offered the A321.

Last edited by stillalbatross; 11th Jun 2004 at 04:46.