PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 10th Jun 2004, 20:20
Jimmenycricket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks alot for all of the help. The degree that I have chosen is Physics and Astronomy. I'm not really sure how that may help me to fly, but who knows? I agree with all of the people out there who say that university will help me to become a more rounded person. As for going in the 'fall', well, I'm from Canada. What did you expect? Unfortunatley, there are very few universities here that will offer a course that also allows you to fly. Western Ontario does, but it will cost $15,000 a year in tuition alone for four years, and then there is residence, food, etc. Also, the flight aspect only comes into play after the normal course load, (ie all day at school, then three hours of flight training after. No time for a job, or any type of life at all, though I don't expect that I'll have any time at all to have a life with all of my studying. And the worst part is that for the first year you pay that little $10,000 for flight training, but do not actually take any training until second year. I figured that with a degree I could find some type of employment, pay off my loans and save enough for the licence. Any advice?