PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The're stealing our jobs type rant!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 17:07
JohnnyPharm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foghorn.

You are right, the big two ie British Burgers and British Midland Burgers terms and conditions have totally dropped. (Scroggs, excuse me for posting this here, if you want you can boot this post into the "Terms and Endearments" listing).

I remeber as a new recruit getting up at 4am for a 6am start, scraping the ice from my bicycle and happily riding to work knowing I had fulfilled my dream. Arriving at work I was met by the night freight boys dropping off the baps and lettuce, a good bunch of lads, but you just felt they hadn't made the grade to be where I was.

Then onto the right hand side of that flamemaster. You could not remove the grin from ear ear to ear across my face, yes and I was actually getting paid a decent wage to do this too. Women loved me, people always wanted to ask us questions and little Jimmy on his package holiday to Blackpool always enjoyed coming back to have a look at the business end of the operation.

Sadly after 9/11 little Jimmy cannot come look see anymore, we are locked in there til the last customer has left. I enjoyed showing them round explaining what all the knobs, dials, and buttons did. Its a shame now really as we cannot fire these kids' imagination and get them interested in flipping as a career or as a hobby