PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 10th Jun 2004, 16:36
jets62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering, since you used the word "fall" instead of Autumn, I can't but help wondering if you have an American background! If you do and you want a job here, then a degree in anything will definately help your interview process in the USA since you can't get a job with the majors without it. However, some schools over here offer degrees such as Aviation Science, a degree in my humble opinion, as useful as a chocolate teacup. Most of their subjects are covered in the JAR ATP exams anyway, but they charge huge somes of money for a 4 year degree and an ATP license. In my mind, not worth it. If on the other hand you are in the Uk, as far as I'm aware, a degree is not required and therefore not worth the effort.

Sorry, just one more thing, getting a degree is not a bad idea, but get a degree in something you will enjoy, not to just to tick a box or a hoop to jump through to be a pilot. You never know, it may come in handy oneday.