PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZIMbobWE seizes US cargo Plane and Mercenaries
Old 10th Jun 2004, 11:48
clipboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmm, bad news! I am of the opinion (my opinion only) that this court case has not been a good thing for the boys up there. With the judge rejecting the application, Mbeki, his government, Bob and his government, can now say that the course of justice was followed, that there is a high court order, so now no-one can interfere and say that justice was not followed. This gives Bob "carte blanche" to do whatever he wishes. Execute them, send them to EG, whatever! Its now cut & dry. Anyone who criticizes Mbeki or Bob on this subject again, will simply be referred to the High Court verdict. Its sickening!

It is patently clear that this is a severe case of "african justice". The law clearly states that no person is guilty until proven guilty. These guys are suspected of a crime, and to date it has not yet been proven that they have indeed committed a crime. Everyone is also entitled to an expeditious trial. Why are these men not being tried? Are they going to be left to rot in hell until dooms day? Where are the Human Rights Organisations, Red Cross and all the other UN organisations now?

Mbeki promised George Dubya at the G8 summit last year that he would have Zimbabwe sorted within 12 months. What has he done to date? Zip, absolutely zip! Twelve months passed and nothing was done to curb or control the utter madness of this dictator. Brotherhood my man, brotherhood!

All I can say is that this whole thing rots!