PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ new planes announced
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 10:01
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It amazes me the ignorance that some display on this forum with this Airbus v Boeing (my p***s is longer than yours) debate crap. The outfit I fly for operates both. We bought Airbus 330/340 and B777 at around the same time. Both have excellence dispatch reliability with the oldest now ten years old. A few engineers of Australian/ New Zealand and South African origin live near me and look after these aircraft. I have been told by a number of them that the bus is no worse or better that the Boeing product and that their overall durability appears the same. This must all be true, as my airline has just made another purchase of more aircraft from both camps. Knowing how my airline works and thinks they would most certainly not purchase any more of a particular aircraft if it were crap.

“Ditto” on the L-1011. By far the best aircraft ever built. Would leave anything that was ever built by Boeing or Airbus for dead. It’s only down fall was its empty weight and the fact it only came with one engine selection.