PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The're stealing our jobs type rant!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 09:55
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys 'n' girls

Are you sure you want to do this ? Too many people live the dream and think this is a glamorous job. I would suggest you take off your rose tinted specs and see it for what it is. Do you really want to get up at 7 for the early start, spending all day on your feet and then being asked to do overtime, not getting home until way after dark ?

Management are undermining conditions all the time, the company have stopped providing free meals (ok admitted that's probably a good thing), and now they are insisting that you live within an hours drive of where you are based so that you aren't fatigued.

The job is tough on relationships, and many often go to the wall due to the fact you smell like a Big Mac all the time. If you do go into it make sure you have a VERY understanding partner.

Once the novelty wears off you will see what I mean. Better to get a job in the city and spend your weekends at a BBQ, grilling for fun.

Johnny

We have to laugh to stop us thinking too much about what we have spent/are spending, which would make us cry.

ACW

Being in charge of the floor (or ramp as we like to call it), do you get to direct the guy with the mop and bucket round the tables using a couple of table tennis bats ?

PS - I hear that French Company, Airburger are designing a new product, the A380 megaburger. It is so big they are having to extend all the grills to fit it in..........watch this space.