PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The're stealing our jobs type rant!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 09:51
-<M4v3r1ck>-

I too would like some advice. I am fortunate enough to be in a position to apply to the McDonalds Sponsored Cadet Scheme and just wanted any feedback from those who have been through the assessment. I'm happy with the format of stages 1-3 (basic frying aptitude, personality profile, company knowledge, etc.) but it's Stage 4 (the sim check) I'm a little concerned about.

I understand it involves following precision grilling instructions from the instructor whilst s/he tests your "spare capacity" by getting you to tot up the cost of orders and the like? I've even heard horror stories of them simulating a blocked gas pipe or failing it all together on you? Obviously I'm a little concerned (my actual frying experience is limited: a couple of introductory fry-ups a few months back) so any info much appreciated.

Also, has anyone got demo questions for the technical interview at stage 2? I assume its pretty standard stuff e.g. rate of heating calcs, overbearing-4-star-supervisor who wants to push the limits of the grill etc.???

Cheers again,

Wannabe Mav