PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The're stealing our jobs type rant!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2004, 08:10
MAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they dont make em like they used to...

I reflect back on the good old days when I used to fry for an independent Burger shop. Sure our burgers were smaller and more expensive but they were gourmet with a high class clientelle. They never worked me too hard and the manager on the left of the chip fryer was a good friend.

Having now made the move to one of the Major outlets I find I am having to fry up a storm like a one armed burger flipper. Its a 24 hour job now with many a night shift serving to the wee wee hours of the morning. I have found the quality of training to be excellent but the actual 'meal deal' we offer the customer certainly needs some improving. Sadly, being a large company, the voice of a lowly griller mostly remains unheard.

Please Ladies and Gents, enjoy your various frying moments as you progress up the ladder. Never take them for granted as sometimes the burger on the other side of the road looks a lot juicier. I can, however, guarantee nothing beats watching the sun rise over the cash register after a long night of frying.

MAX