PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2004, 16:51
Bravo 99 (AJB)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Helinut

having spoken to the guys at pas about where an air ambu can land on shouts (this discusion followed an RTA in shrops. during my training at pas) is what you say about rule 5, that although HEMS pilots can deviate from group A to i think its group B) please excuse if i am off the plot a little, even if the patiant due for recovery is a life threatening case. that he ( the Pilot) could still be prosecuted by the CAA if they so wished.

the guys did advise that if the a/c when on the ground ( the Crew) found that the patiant was not of such nature ie life threatening the a/c must be put back into its correct profile . i e under or on weight take off profile as the book etc before it can lift from the incident.. Rule five seemed reading first that it was a cover for the pilots but it seems this may not be the case.
Considering that the Pilot is only doing his job this threat of prosicution hanging over his head seems a little unfair consdiering that he is only doing his job.

With regard to robbo jock as an ex fire officer example RTA Multiple casualties multi injuries

CAS evac to copthorne Hospital say 7 mins
Land ambulance takes 40 to 50 mins dependant on traffic that day, casualty air lifted lived one of the ones by land died, I think that answers you quistion. and this was about six years ago so the traffic has increased by know.

Keep up the good work guys

Sincerely

Bravo 99 (AJB)

(Slightly modified as advised by Bronx)

Last edited by Bravo 99 (AJB); 9th Jun 2004 at 18:07.