PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey - Swiss Banks seek interest in a Zurich air link return
Old 9th Jun 2004, 16:15
Saab 2000 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voeni, let's stick to the topic!

Fact is that a lot of airlines (like Crossair before the S.w.i.s.s. monster came along) make a good living flying small airplanes to niche markets like Jersey, Guernsey and London City. Think about al the banking businesses on the Channel Islands and in Switzerland... Like I said before, I have flown this route many times and the loads were always very good, with a lot of C-Class passengers. IMHO I think that an airline should be able to make a profit on the JER-ZRH sector.

Swissair on the other hand has not made a profit since the mid 90's, flying big fancy airplanes to destinations where everybody else flies to anyway. [hence a lot of competition and low (or even negative) operating margins].

Stop living in the past, live today. And today is Swiss. And they need every support they can get!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who exactly is living "in the past?" S.w.i.s.s. are going DOWN dude! Like a lead balloon! An oversized airline full of nice and flashy A320/A330/A340's competing head to head with LH, AF, BA and KL. I'm happy I'm out and I will open a nice bottle of Champagne when grounding number 2 hits! Santé!

p.s. you are right about one thing though: they need ALL the help/support they can get!