PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget flights turn expensive
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2004, 13:01
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

As well as the "show up" - which could also be interpreted as arriving at the car park 30 minutes prior to departue (we'll get to that one in a minute), with the INTENTION of catching the flight, your reference from JetStar also states "To do this we will close check in 30 minutes prior to departure."
Not "scheduled departure time", but "departure".

From this wording, I would imagine that those people inconvenienced to date by not being allowed onboard might WELL have recourse to legal action against JetStar, if it can be proven that the aircraft "Departure Time" was later than 30 minutes after they were refused check-in.

For a new airline that's trying to WIN customers, imo, they're doing a pretty lousy job!

To answer your question, Titan - staff in this company are treated as lepers. We are not allowed to list for the flight, and are only given a seat after check-in has closed (usually 30 minutes prior to departure). Although tickets are theoretically upgradeable "in the event Economy Class is full", check-in staff will upgrade pax to J Class rather than see us upgraded.
Similarly, although I travel with my wife and 2 small kids, we often find ourselves scattered.
I don't bother turning up any more than about 45 minutes before departure now, as it gives the check-in staff some sense of "fulfillment" having us waiting.
Flying on other carriers, I prefer to pay full fare - and then demand, demand, demand!

Last edited by Kaptin M; 9th Jun 2004 at 13:12.