PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget flights turn expensive
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2004, 12:57
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlexibleResponse

I assume you are with CX like myself or maybe KA. You know very well how our outfits handle late check ins. They deny boarding. It is a well-known fact that port staff if they achieve a certain OTP are eligible for a bonus. If on the other hand they have a bad OTP because of pax boarding they get a bollixing from HQ. Reports for OTP aren’t just submitted by the port manager but also the captain in his CAR at the end of each sector. This makes it very hard to hide the cause of the late OTP.

Kaptin M

How does you outfit handle staff travel? If it is anything like ours we have to check in ETD – 60min if we list or ETD – 120 if we haven’t. If the loads are tight, we have to wait until the flight is closed to find out if we are on. I have found this is the case with QF, AA, AS, UA and others. Is your company different? Pawn Star seems no different to me in this regard.

Maybe we are all getting a little carried away with this obvious media beat up, after all this type of thing goes on every day with every airline in the world. If you are late chances are you will be denied boarding, period.