PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair new bases
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2004, 09:20
rock737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I heard EMA will be next UK base but if it does not become a base in the winter it will still get lots of routes because if they choose not to base they will have routes from all other bases, e.g glasgow Pik, Rome, Skavsta, Milan Bergamo, Frankfurt, Brussels and Shannon although they already have a route from a non base Murcia. SO EMA is definately getting expansion whichever way you look at it, personally i think they will choose the basing option as there is scope for further and different destinations to their bases which are probably more associated to good routes ex EMA. If they do have routes to all bases EMA will be still like a bse because tonnes of ryan aircraft will pass through. As for the other base i reckon Newcastle/teeside is an option or something like Bristol/Southampton/Exeter/Cardiff as they have nothing there. I cant see belfast becoming a base personally. Also Manchester or Leeds are possibilities as they are sufficiently far enough away from EMA. e.g jet2 has had no impact on Easy or bmibaby at EMA and bmibaby are at Manchester. Unless they are going to baby bases to get rid of them.

Another thing i think will happen is Jet2s next base will be EMA especially if bmibaby collapse because they could put up strong competition.

Just my thoughts

Ashley