PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you give it all up?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 20:57
b025053

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite straight or level

Thing is, looking at it from that perspective, it was never ever wise for anybody to consider self funding to professional training with the hope for luck and a fair tale wind to land a line of jobs puting them eventually where they want to be!

The supply always will outway the demand, but there will always be a demand. As long as the pumps keep pushing there finely tuned strokes and oil flows pilots will be required.

Wether or not things are harder now, risk is greater and the cost more, then yes I would agree.

However, I believe there are four types of people. Those that start training and give up, those that train and get jobs, those that train and never get employed and those who talk about it and never actually do anything but waste there time, money and effort.

Unfortunately im of the latter. Ive ventured year on year towards training, virtually have a PPL, lost ££££ to FTO that have gone down the tubes with my CDLs but not made any dent on the requirement (which grows by the day).

Im only 22, which is gonna help, but ive no chance of even financing a complete course, no matter making myself competitive with hours and ratings. So do I give up? Do I forget it? Will I be sat there in my rocking chair at 80 saying "what if?"

There is not a lot to drive us to persevere with this, the feedback we get from people doing the job is mainly negative. Yet we are somehow expected to magically get through it because we've taken the risks, breath the dream and know all along were going to make it.

Sad thing is, right now, id be happier with debt to my eyeballs and no job, but a completed OATS APP under my belt and the thought ive given it everything ive got and that I knew in my heart of hearts I could do it