PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus goes shopping
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 20:19
Toulouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNNEI,

I'd say that the delivery date is not necessarily a mistake as I'm sure EI could place their order this year and not receive firstl delivery until 2003, yet I would personnally think that the 2008 may be as already suggested by yourself, just a ploy to get Airbus a bit more nervous. One can never know, but I'd be really suprised if they opt for Boeing instead of Airbus after all their talk on operating a "similar" fleet of aircraft and how well the 330 has so far fitted into their operation. Yet as things are certainly changing in EI, one cannot know.

On the point of EI, and going totally of the point (sorry...) I've noticed that on their web page their timetable for the DUB-TLS route for winter is given as being reduced to twice weekly operating Thurs. and Sun, yet when I try to book for the winter 04/05, I get an error message saying flights only operate on Thurs and Sun, I then press their "find other low fares" red button, and I get fares for flights on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun??? Any ideas??