PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Jet Green closed
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 17:27
DUBXH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding of Jet Green is limited but I feel it relevant to post what I do know....

The same managment structure of Fresh Aer minus a few and adding a few more was the board for JG... ie: ex cityjet boys who were around for the near death of CityJet before AF bought them out...

Jet Green were being "sneaky"... Fly Jet the LGW based airline was/is looking at operations in and out of DUB and on the Fly Jet back the advertisment "FlyJetGreen" was born raising some concerns from FlyJet... (not a big deal but worth a mention)

A good friend of mine dispatched the first JG flight from DUB and told me that for that flight there was both TF crew and JG crew... To show them the ropes.. but arguments pursued as to who was going to operate the flight... This being an example of dis organisation..

JG did not apply for their slots... ATC recieved Flight Plans and a few hours later there was a request coming in from the 757 on the tarmac requesting clearance... (were they for real?)

One interesting incident was that the flight was down one passenger and was boarding remote.... The handling agent went back to the gate to try and locate the missing PAX and when he got turned around the JG A/C was taxying out to 28... Dispatcher minus his signed loadsheet... the A/C holding a bag with no owner on board.. and the Handling Agent with a bewildered passenger... The 757 was requested to reutnr to stand by the handling agent and the passenger was placed on board and Loadsheet aquired... (Airline or Bus service)??

I have rambled a bit and am a bit hung over but the point I am trying to make is that they were a hairy operation from the start and were destined not to last..

Oh and the EX cityjet managment poahced WX crew from full time jobs promising them the world and then they go under... Bummer