PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All the curry you can eat
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 17:11
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good 'ol Air India...
At a recent written exam call, there were 850 candidates for 40 trainee pilot positions ( all at least CPL / ME rated, some ATPL with thousands of turbine time ) and 51 passed the initial exam....I dunno how many got through the Personal interview and subsequent sim ride but it's quite likely they couldnt fill even the 40 seats.....
The exam IMHO was not the toughest,but with negative marking and the ever confusing choices , reminded me of the typical Indian board exams.....well I think they need to start hiring pilots the way most international airlines do .....oh well...

In the meantime they'll be needing DEC and hey I guess there's not many guys with time on type they can upgrade , o good on those folks who do get it and best of luck....
hey mustang V8, I believe that mr .mcrew's really trying to wind you up and succeeding, just ignore the guy.....my two cents worth....people like him are a minority and most pilots I know go to great lengths to study about the culture and practices of the country they plan to work in and avoid cultural stereotyping....