PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Routing info for pax
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2004, 12:43
Rockhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never dreamt reaction to my plaintive plea for a little more of the personal touch from behind the cockpit door would spill over to a second page.

Paracab,
I assure you I'm not all that upset and I certainly can't afford the luxury of selecting the airline I'll fly on (except that, if I have the choice, I'll always go for an Asian airline over a N American one).

I'm sure my letter to the CEO of the airline concerned will not impact the crew of the flight in question but it might, just might, make him think a bit about the interaction between crew and pax.
Rockhound

Rsoman,
You (and other respondents on this thread) misunderstood me. Never did I mean to suggest that the pilots provide a running commentary on the progress of the flight. I agree with you completely that this would be tedious in the extreme. Also, route information, given out at the start of a flight, is only useful on a clear day. During the course of the flight, identification of the odd landmark or feature of unusual interest would be all I would ask for - if only as a means of keeping in touch with the pax, if you like. Do we really want to lose completely the uniqueness of air travel?
Rockhound