PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 June 04 maps and charts
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2004, 23:50
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 June 04 maps and charts

Those of you who follow the quaint practice of using paper maps and charts and keeping them up to date, might be wondering what you’re going to do on 10 June 04 when the current Australian charts expire.

Had a quick look at AIP SUP, AICs and HO NOTAMS today – not a word about any problem with the 10 June 04 edition.

So methinks: I’ve inadvertently let my subscription lapse.

So I go to the AA website, to get the number of the pubs unit. I then stumble across this gem:
**Important Aviation Information**

There is a continuing review of airspace arrangements being conducted by Airservices Australia, the national air traffic control operation

This review has not been completed and as a result, the edition of charts expected for June 2004, have been deferred.

Any customer who has a deteriorating chart which needs replacing, should contact the Publications Unit and purchase a replacement chart in the usual manner.
I thought there nothing left to appal me about the 3rd world circus that is airspace management in Australia. But, I stand corrected.

A purported extension of the validity of charts is announced, not by NOTAM, not by AIP Supp or AIC, but by a note on AA’s website.

You have got to be joking.

No really: you have got to be joking Australia.

No, I’m really serious about this Australia: you have got to be joking.