PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aircrew clean own aircraft
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2004, 08:20
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
yww? Just a bit of advice sunshine Wind the proverbial in please. As you are so clearly pi$$ed off on the Line, why not ask for a transfer to a nice, quiet, structures / hyd / tyre / role bay------bet you would be killed in the rush by the guys who WANT to work on the Line and away from the tedium of a bay. Some helpful advice for the future. How much c$$p does a Herc generate ? How much do you think an IT Airbus / Boeing etc generates? Think about it carefully. Now, as an engineer, you will encounter a nasty shock called ATA Chapt 25. True, you won't have to clean the aircraft, but you will have to clean and rectify the galleys, toilets, trim, carpets, furnishings and fittings etc. Plus the average cleaner doesn't give a rats about the condition of the F/D or cabin, so you will invariably find you have to continue their efforts as well.
As an engineer, it goes with the territory so either get used to it or change direction now. Simplistic enough ?
Before you ask, no, never cleaned a Herc when working for Aunty Betty, merely a pax on numerous tedious excursions. Plenty of experience in the IT / Corporate and Scheduled worlds however.
Nothing personal in this post just that you don't have a valid point or credible argument--simply a full scale whinge Have a nice day

PS I am a nice person really, my mum says so and so does my financial controller