PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Automated Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2004, 13:13
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again,why anyone would like to fly outside the normal anvelope? You think more than 30 deg up,or 67 deg bank is not out of normal? I would like to invite you to one of the test flights on the 737,to see what more than 60 deg bank means.It's nothing like a cesna,or some glider.
Nice of buses to have this limitations,it can avoid some pilot error .You have to be a heck of a pilot to do a level >60 deg bank turn,i feel.
Regarding to that forest accident,if I'm not wrong,the cause was not the computer.It was a CRM problem,both pilots forgetting to advance throtles for a go-around.It was a CFIT,if I remember well.But it is a long time since then,so I maybe wrong.This case was presented some years ago to one of our crm classes.
Regarding alpha protection.Boeing doesn't have this limitations on commands.So what will hapen,on a 737 ,if you apply full aft deflection,exceding the stall AOA? Nothing more than extra-g,stall warning followed by a very nice and controlable stall of the plane.Why would you want that? Beats me You wanna make a loop?
15 deg down?...gee