PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA citiexpress 767 MAN - JFK temp stop
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2004, 07:45
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did say above:
I fear GoEdi has been understandably confused by BA's 'juggling' of who does what (and how and to whom etc etc etc
If you want some of the facts:-

BA 1503 (NB Flight number the same format (4 numbers 1---) as BA shorthaul flight numbers, not the same as BA longhaul ex LHR, 3 numbers)

Flight shown as 767 up to September

BA Timetable shows 'operated by British Airways'

BACE web site shows

"British Airways CitiExpress Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of British Airways which operates within the UK and Europe, from a number of UK regional airports.

We offer convenient services from 26 airports in the UK and Ireland on 91 routes to major or central regional airports.

For example from:
Manchester to 30 destinations in the UK and Europe with one to New York (JFK) "

Flight is, as I said, operated by BA a/c and flight deck (don't know about c/crew), and is different to 'mainline' BA JFK in having no First Class. How they can claim JFK to be "within the UK and Europe" I do not understand. Maybe BA are themselves a bit confused too?

Further down the BACE web page

"Our fleet
We utilise smaller aircraft best suited to regional flying within the UK and Europe. The fleet consists of the following aircraft types.

Boeing 767
Operates between Manchester and New York."

See? Everyone is right! At the end of that well-known day it doesn't really matter. Just lots of confusion!!

TIC!
I hope that clears it up.