PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is 737 sluggish compared to 777/757 and A320?
Old 4th Jun 2004, 14:08
Byrna

Thanks for that very "enlightening" reply, Notsofantastic.
Actually, I don't use a joy stick, but use a flight yoke and pedals. What's odd is that, going by what you said about the 737 being perky, and if it IS a failure of the flightsim program, then why do the other planes feel perky?
I suppose it is hard to find a pilot who has flown a 737-400 or higher and also flown, say an Airbus A320-200 or a 757-200. I Have read that many flight simmers who have pilot friends who have tried FS2004 have found it quite accurate in the feel of the airplanes. Since you only tried FS with a little joystick, and I used to fly with a joystick, I know for sure that you WON'T get the same control (not even close, in fact) with that "toy" joystick meant for games, than you would with a flight yoke and pedal (example: I have the CH flight yoke and pedals). As soon as I tried the flight yoke and pedals, I sensed IMMEDIATELY the much higher degree of precision and control I had over the plane.

I think you might be responding to a certain unfamiliarity with the computer, rather than the actual flight dynamics of the program, when you said the control felt sluggish.

John

Hi again,
Just wanted to clarify my last post for I may have been misunderstood. I certainly don\'t question notsofantastic\'s experience with the 737. I just wanted to know if there are pilots who have flown at least some of the planes mentioned and who can tell me if RELATIVELY SPEAKING, how the 737 feels in comparison.

John