PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Travel - delayed again
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2004, 10:23
FD Standby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doctor Cruces,

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish!

Working not "quite closely", but "very closley, I can tell you that this is utter nonsense. Most people in aviation - even flight crew, do not know the big picture - you certainly do not.

"They would divert aircraft for their convenience". Nonsense. If they divert aircraft, then it is for a very good reason - and always in the passenger's interests.

There are hundreds of reasons that what you talk about could happen. Take your HUY example. Would these people prefered to wait at HUY, and perhaps go 7 hours late, due to 3 sector FTLs, airport slots, foreign airport closure times etc etc, or would they prefer to hop onto a bus, and get there 3 hours late?

As with all airlines, there are very good reasons for most delays, and I am sure that all do what is best to get the job done.

You seem to assume that the only reason an a/c would divert, is for money. Consider the costs of bussing pax - £5 each lunch, grand on coaches, baggage handling costs etc etc - £4k for a start. 20 Min flight on a jet??? Not this much.

I agree that mytravel's OTP has not been the best in the past - this IS being resolved (and you will see this)! However, to say that we have utter contempt for our customers is rubbish.

We get a slating all the time - sometimes fairly, most times not! What offends me is that when the only British holiday company left is in trouble, hundreds of people put the knives in, and it becomes the most read subject on this forum. When we start to turn things round (and we ARE doing), 3 people post. 3 People!
Then we get new posts, saying how crap we were a few years ago!!!! Good hey?

FD Standby

Ps. it was delayed for so long because the airline sent an engineer to fix it, with spares, and the airport he was travelling from lost the part. So we chartered a a300 to get them home! Appaling!!