PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford in trouble
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2004, 08:48
J.A.F.O.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Driving in to work this morning I heard Mr Inman from IWM interviewed on BBC Radio Suffolk stating that the veterans would now get in for free.

I voiced my feelings to the station and I've just been interviewed in response saying that the IWM is not letting anybody in for free, they are merely letting others foot the bill. I pointed out that if it were not for these veterans and many thousands like them the IWM would not have a reason to exist at all, they are publicly funded and should have allowed the veterans in for free. I also stated that once they realised the depth of feeling from the general public they should have held up their hands, admitted their mistake and dropped the charge.

There has certainly been a great deal of debate about this issue and very little of it has been in IWM's favour. Apparently the radio station has been inundated with offers of donations, so what FD and Mike started here is continuing apace. Well done to both of them and everyone who contributed.

Mr Inman may have tried to get his spin across to the public this morning but we got the last word on the subject.

I hope that all of the veterans visiting Duxford this weekend have a fantastic time and use the eight quid to have a couple of beers to remember those who aren't able to join them.