PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Travel - delayed again
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2004, 07:07
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I was quite closely involved with MYT once upon a time, mostly when they were still Airtours. They would divert aircraft for their convenience and operate late if it was more convenient for them to do so, or so it seemed anyway. I know for a fact that if an a/c was destined for a particular UK airport and they needed it at another start point later on they would frequently divert it there in the first place and then bus the pax all over the UK. Thay had no regard whatsoever for the fare payers in order to save a couple of quid on a ferry flight. Things like that happened so often that I would never have flown anywhere with them as one could never guarantee where you would end up on return to the UK.

I heard from one couple who had paid extra to fly from Humberside only to be bussed to Manchester. To add insult to injury, they arrived back at MAN a couple of weeks later and were most miffed. With athat attitude to the people who pay their wages, perhaps their "repeat" business is negligable and hence their monetary problems.

Thats NOT MYT slagging, it's an observation by someone who actually was present at the examples quoted and not told by a friend of a friends aunt or whatever.

Don't know much about the money side of it so could be very wrong and that is just my humble opinnion. However, their contempt for the SLF was outrageous over the period I was involved.

Doc C.

Last edited by Doctor Cruces; 4th Jun 2004 at 10:21.