PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Pilots Reject Pay Offer
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2004, 11:42
SFG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly Cynical you say....... "All pilots who work for GB know that any inefficiency is in the Rostering Department."

You may notice from my profile that I am a Crew Scheduler. I am also ex GB (work it out !!!). Perhaps you should investigate fully before you make statements such as above. You probably don't even know where the Rostering department is. As I said in my previous post - I think you guys/girls at GB are a great bunch but perhaps you should consider that the reason for this 'so called' bad rostering is because the Rostering department never ever, in GB at least, have the right number of crewmembers to do the job. Remember that the rostering staff are only the messengers, they don't invent the flight schedule or recruit the crews to operate it.

Miss Inform your second posting says........."I understand that, apart from the pay offer, the pilots are continually being provoked in such areas as questionable rostering & flight scheduling practices..................."

As I have said to Sadly Cynical - don't shoot the messenger (Rostering) your complaints should be aimed at the senior management not the troops at the frontline.

For once could the Rostering department be left out of gripes, valid or not, about pay and conditions, remember those Conditions and Scheduling rules are yours through your union they are not designed by the Crewing department and, in fact, the Crewing department hardly ever has any input until those rules are agreed with company management.

Anyway, enough for now just keep up the fight against the Slippery one. You'll be at the company longer than he will. thankfully.