PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2004, 02:10
valenii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demo rides in a Cirrus

FNG and IO

I run the cirrus147.com group that the "stimulator" talked about!!! (he has flown with us too)!

Some points to note on this thread.

European Certification was awarded last week. EASA did not do any more spin testing or modifications. They just simply saw sense and told the member states to get with it it would seem....

From talking to the Cirrus folk, it seems that the CAA definately had a Not Invented Here attitude, making the paper work unduely hard for Cirrus....

Our group operates like this:

Its designed to bring "mini-ownership" to people and being Cirrus flying to more than those that can afford a whole plane.

Basically there are two complimentaty schemes, Shareholders Pilots contribute Capital towards a plane, and in return recieve a number of hours "at cost" per year for the life of the plane, depending on the investment. Typically £50k will get you 75 hours a year at cost (£57/flight hour ex vat Dry)

Member Pilots do not contribute any capital but fly at a higher rate. They are limited in booking flexibility allowing the shareholders to have first stab.

All pilots signs up for a number of hours per year and their dry costs are split into 12 standing orders, spreading the cost of flying over the whole year. Individual flights are not then billed and (like an owner) you can just book the plane and fly it, just paying for the fuel. If you fly "in band" there are no other charges.

Anyway the spirit of the group is to fly the best planes possible in the most cost effective fashion, and in a way the group can continue to expand.

We expect to get two more Cirrus aircraft in the next 6 months.

They will be staying on the N register!!!!

Anyway I hate the beurocracy and love the flying. If anyone wants a ride in a Cirrus, and can fit into my schedule and get to Denham, then I'm up for it. Just get the landing fees and coffee if we land away.

Ian

http://www.cirrus147.com/howitworks.htm