PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Height of 'airborne'
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 18:20
Turn It Off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im a 'controller under training' and the discussion of " when ready contact Rader on xxx.xx" came into play. As it had before.

In the instance today unfortunately an early stop off level was required due to an overflight at 3.5A ( transition alt in the zone is 4A) therefore, dep stopped at 2.5A ( yeah we had seperation and everything!!!)

I can understand why you would want the pilot to go straight to the radar frequency, lets get the guy clear of the traffic and into a continuus climb asap, no one wants a jet stopping off at 2500 and flying directly over their house! - I personally do not like to speak to a pilot when they are cleaning up etc and im sure they wouldn't appreciate it either.

In another instance, bad weather off the end of the runway, Pilot says requesting heading of blah after departure to roll, check with radar and they approve, would it not be useful to get the pilot to contact radar when airbourne so that if the weather moves (as it does sometimes!) that the pilot can tie it up with someone who has the complete traffic scenario rather than me passing messages?

Just a thought

Turn It off