PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Pilots Reject Pay Offer
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 16:02
Miss Inform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thanks to everyone who has contributed so far...

Sadly, your contributions confirm the suspicion that GB is a very troubled company at present, a situation which is not being helped by the actions/attitude of the current management.

Clearly, the pensions issue is one which has been brewing for some time & the pilots have thus far been generous enough to forego their due payments.

The management's response, far from rewarding the pilots for their generosity & patience, see fit to continue to deny them what is due to them & continue to test the limits of their goodwill & co-operation.

I believe that the GB management have fatally underestimated the strength of feeling amongst the pilots, due to the following:-

I understand that, apart from the pay offer, the pilots are continually being provoked in such areas as questionable rostering & flight scheduling practices, which have implications in such areas as duty/rest periods & the use of discretion, fuel calculations & punctuality etc. & I continue to be amazed why the Regulators allow such questionable practices to continue.

In the long term, it would seem that GB's future is in some doubt, with many people making individual or collective "escape" plans.

In the short term, it remains to be seen how the GB management will respond to the rejection of the pay offer- will they see the light & give the pilots their due reward, or will they test them further by forcing a ballot for industrial action?

Good luck , guys, I think you're gonna need it!