PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training with SKYVEST....beware!!!!!
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 08:32
swingdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels up has hit the nail on the head!!!This is not about paying for your rating.What it is about is:

1) Having to pay up front for a rating that never arises.
2) Advertising in Airnews to essentialy prey on unsuspecting low time overseas pilots.( I hope many south african low time pilots have already learnt about the doggy reputation of this guy).AIRNEWS in my book is only half of the rotten apple.
3) Total disregard by the South African CAA to fully investigate white collar crime.On top of it all to let him open up a company knowing full well what he is up too...

The way i see it is that, with the total incompetance of the SA CAA combined with the fact that he will defraud again,the reputation of training establishments in south africa will continue to decline.If the kenya crash ( can any one confirm this?)was operating on this system,some serious questions have to be raised as to why they are allowed by the sa caa to continue to run these operations.

We all have to start somewhere.How we learn is sometimes the luck of the draw!!!Think very hard about two things before you join this as stephen stark puts it " a really exellent training package"

1) Anything that sounds too good to be true is just that!!!
2) I always meet nasty con men all the time,don't you?

I see to the detrement of south african avation he has put another advert in the june issue of airnews!!!!!