PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F4 Phantom
Thread: F4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 07:42
Nostone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Prest

Bob Prest.
Made a name for himself as a highly capable F4 pilot in the RAF. I often heard him referred to as a “natural” pilot, whatever that means. He also made a name for himself with his book. The powers that be only found out about it at the last minute but, fortunately, did not ban it and allowed it to be published after a rewrite to avoid any embarrassment to the innocent.
He then flew Jaguars for a Middle East air force where he was known as BCP. He had many claims to fame whilst there. The most famous, I suppose, when he ejected from the back seat, in an incipient spin, below 100 feet. The front seat pilot ejected even later and survived. Good old Martin Baker. There was a 40 knot wind blowing and Bob was dragged for over a kilometre across the stony desert. He was lucky to get out of that scrape.
He then became an airline captain with a major Middle East airline and is the only person I have heard of to go straight into the left seat of a big jet having never sat in the right hand seat of any other aircraft, ever. But that is another story.
He is starting a new job with a cargo outfit further east flying 744s.
Bob, perhaps you will blow the dust off your typewriter and give in to public demand.
Another person who should put pen to paper is R*ck Le*. I wish I had the film rights to his life story.