PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers - please say a prayer.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 07:38
4fitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vage Rot - sorry to hear about your pay. I too have been haveing a mare for the last 9 months. Was told by v efficient RAF clerk that my Dec 31 pay would be £1k short because there was a screw up at Glasgow. He had told them there was a mistake but Glasgow were too busy to sort it out before pay day.

A call to civvy clerk in Glasgow from myself and after getting her personal details I told her that if my pay was short on 31 Dec I would be ringing the Glasgow Constabulary and having her arrested for theft. Intake of breath then passed to supervisor. Same conversation to a potential accompliss. They soon realised that I was serious and guess what - pay was sorted (ish)

However, bottom line is that you have to persevere but maybe I am in a better posn to sound stern whereas SAC Snooks isn't. I make sure that all my troops now where I stand and they all know that I will personally intervene on their behalf. Hate to say it but JPA fills me with little joy and demise of military clerks will be a loss to good service.

Rant over and sorry for detracting from thread.