PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - please help. unhappy in new job
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 06:16
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unhappy,

one of the great things about flying is every day is different. different crew, different passengers, different enroute conditions, it all adds to the experience. you'll have good days and bad days, we all do. over time you'll learn how to deal with the bad ones a little better, you'll become more experienced, less stressed and adjust to flying in general (the hours, the strain on your body etc).

i also have to disagree with pink, i'm a purser with a major carrier and can say that not many pursers/senior crew have forgotten crm. we all remember when we were new, what it was like and the strain we were under and we do all we can to help you out. sometimes we'll tell new crew positives, somedays we may have to tell them the negatives, the negatives though are only there to help you build as a flight attendant and as a person.

next time you have a bad day at work, take something positive from it too, i can have the worst day but then a passenger getting off says to be "thanks that was a great flight" it can be enough to lift me from the low. talk to other crew you work with, everyones been through the same and you dont have to go through it alone.

its a great job, im sure with time you'll grow into it and love it. best of luck!